Wednesday 10 August 2011

I Remember Well

The ocean waves were cold that day
You tip toed near then ran away,
Giggled like a child at play
Dancing through the sunlit spray.
I felt my heart just slip away
Yes, I remember well.

We walked beneath the cloudless sky
Then raced a sail boat drifting by,
You stood and watched a heron fly
But turned with moisture in your eye
And asked, “Why do we have to die?”
Yes, I remember well.

I’m sure it started on that day
You turned inside, just hid away,
No longer does that child play
No dancing in the summer spray.
And I will never hear you say
“Yes, I remember well.”



 Copyright© Alan Gilbert 2010.
From, “Love is a Dreamer”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my poetry blog.

I hope you enjoy the posts here, please feel free to leave a comment.