Saturday 5 November 2011

Honeysuckle Wild


Weaving softly through my dreams
As gentle as a murmured prayer,
While I the wide eyed sleeper feel 
Her essence in me everywhere.
There is no shallow in her eyes
No lineament to less extol, 
She moves enticing lips to mine 
And breathes her music to my soul. 

Too soon the jealous Eos spreads
Her fingers to reclaim her throne,
And with the scarlet blushing dawn
The dreams recede I cannot own. 
Though I inhale her autograph
Left ne by this natures child,     
The sweet perfume of ardent love 
Bouquet of honeysuckle wild.




Copyright© Alan Gilbert. 

2 comments:

  1. And I can smell her sweet perfume from across the miles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for the comment Annon.

      Delete

Welcome to my poetry blog.

I hope you enjoy the posts here, please feel free to leave a comment.